Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Generation 1 Chapter 5: Amani Vista


“Wait! You have a boyfriend? Why am I just finding out about this?!” Albany squealed with excitement. 
“Really Amani, you should’ve told us sooner,” Brock stated coldly before covering it up with a hearty, “We are your best friends, after all.”
“I know, guys. I just wasn’t sure if we were serious or not. But last night, he asked me officially!” It was so difficult for me not to jump up and down while delivering the amazing news.
“That’s great, Amani!” Albany marveled.
“Mhmm,” Brock mumbled, looking around as if the wall was more intriguing. 


“And the best part is, you guys get to meet him!” I exclaimed, beaming.
“What?” Brock’s eyes were practically bugging out of his head.
“When?!” Albany insisted, bouncing up and down with enthusiasm.  
“Ten minutes?” I estimated.  
“Eep! This is going to be great!” Albany and I continued to chat on and on about my new romantic interest, neither of us choosing to acknowledge Brock’s distant state.


Just as I was getting to the details about his gorgeous looks, the doorbell sounded, resulting in me shooting out of my chair at lightning speed.
“Hey Babe,” he greeted me, pressing his lips lightly to mine.
I bit my lip, blushing, “Hi.”
“Can I come in?” he asked.
“Uh, sure,” I answered, risking a quick glance inside to make sure everything was spotless. “But before you come in, I just want to let you know that I’m introducing you to my friends today. Like, right now.”
“Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!” he replied genuinely.  


I silently led him into the living room, and first introduced him to Albany. She smiled approvingly as him and Brock exchanged introductions. She and I stood together as the two talked “guy talk”.
“He is cure!” she murmured.
“Well you already have a boyfriend. Besides, he’s mine,” I teased. 


Later that evening I was searching for Brock and Concord to see if they wanted to stay for dinner. The two had been getting along real well, from what I saw, they had barely stopped talking the entire time. My house was tiny and I was unsure of where they’d run off too, and the only place left to search was my bedroom and the bathroom.
I could only imagine what was going on in there… 
As I approached the bathroom door, I heard shouting from inside. 


“I swear to God, Concord, if you hurt her, I will personally make sure you’re taken care of,” Brock threatened.
“What gives you the impression that I’d hurt her? I love Amani, and she feels the same about me,” Concord defended.
“I don’t care what you say! You look at her like she’s a piece of meat!”
“For your information, both Amani and I have morals. Neither of us would think of doing anything like that until we were married!”
“Morals my ass! I’m watching you! So don’t think of pulling anything funny.”
What had I walked in on…?


Concord and I continued to see each other regularly the next few months, and I’m pleased to say Brock’s threats had zero impact on our relationship. Whether it was just spending the evening at home or heading out to a romantic restaurant, Concord managed to surprise me each time with how much fun we had together.
Not everything was perfect though. I still couldn’t treat Brock with the same level of respect I had before I overheard him in the bathroom that night…
Was that how he always acted when he wasn’t around me or Albany?


Life was actually pretty normal for once. I was in a positive relationship, had a few really close friends, and my O.C.D. seemed to bother no one but my subconscious.
Then things took a turn for the interesting…
I was walking out of work a little later than usual due to a printer and toner issue, and I came across Concord and Albany talking in hushed whispers.
“Are you sure?” Concord asked.
I hid behind a nearby wall as I listened to the tail end of their conversation.


“Concord, she’s going to love it! There’s no reason she wouldn’t!” Albany declared.
“I suppose you’re right…” Concord agreed. I stepped out from around the corner, giving the illusion like I had just walked out of the building.
“Amani!” Albany greeted cheerily.
“Yeah, hey!” Concord immediately followed.
Sheesh, what was up with them?

2 comments:

  1. Ooo i sense a surprise engagement! I do feel a bit bad for Brock though he's obv in love with Amani but then he's also stringing Albany along so i guess he sucks a bit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall find out soon! ^-^
    I plan on having the next chapter out tomorrow! :D
    Yeah, Brock's quite the interesting character...

    ReplyDelete