Monday, August 8, 2011

Generation 1 Chapter 4: Amani Vista


“Um, Albany? You made at least ten errors in these accounting plans,” I examined, shuffling through the papers as I entered her cubicle. I glanced upward to see her staring contently at her day planner. “Albany?”
“Tonight was supposed to be our first date…” she frowned.   
“Oh, Sweetie,” I cooed, setting down the papers. “It’ll be okay. I promise. What do you say we spend the night together?  Head out to a bar or something?”
She sighed, “Okay, I guess.”
So the two of us slipped out of work early, eager for a night of fun.


“I’m serious!” Albany giggled. “Who wears sandals to an executive meeting?!” I laughed at my friend as she downed yet another glass of wine while continuing to dis everyone in our office building. “And don’t even get me started on Tim!”
“Okay, what do you say we play some foosball before you get heavily intoxicated?” I suggested.
“Fine,” she agreed, reluctantly leaving the bar.


“Goal!” I cheered, spinning around and doing a little dance.
“Oh come on! I was totally not paying attention, that does not count!” Albany protested. I stuck out my tongue in response and continued with my dance.
“Actually, I’m afraid it does,” a familiar voice interrupted flirtatiously.  


“Not now, Brock. Please,” I begged, inching closer to Albany.
“I thought we had a date tonight, Albany. You didn’t answer me when I called…” Brock explained.
“Maybe because you lied to me?!” Albany practically shouted.
“What? What do you mean?” Brock inquired, confusion in his voice. 


“Amani told me what you said to her!” I instantly felt my cheeks redden; I had betrayed one friend to assist another. “She told me how you don’t really like me. How she tried to convince you to ask me out, but you refused.”
“Oh,” Brock remarked. “That. Well I didn’t think of you that way when I was talking to Amani. But the more I thought about it, I realized I really do care about you in that sense. I like you Albany. A lot.” 


“Really?” Albany smiled.
“Really.”
I didn’t believe his excuse for a minute, but as long as Albany was happy with the end result, I guess that’s all that matters. Besides, my position in this whole fiasco couldn’t be any more awkward, so I excused myself before slipping out the door. “Well I’ll just let you two be alone.”


Concord and I were progressing quite nicely in our relationship; we’d try to get together at least two to three times a week. He was such a sweet guy. These past few weeks with him have been phenomenal, he makes me feel so… special.
Tonight he was taking me out to the park for a quiet date, so I wasn’t dressing too fancy or anything. I loved how he could make me feel like a teenager again, like if I didn’t look perfect it would be the end of the world. Even though I felt that way all of the time already… 
I practically sprinted to the front door when the doorbell chimed.  


“Concord!” I marveled, a huge grin developing on my face. “Don’t you look handsome tonight.”
“Why thank you. You look stunning, as always, Amani,” he responded. I blushed in return. “Shall we?” He scooped up my hand and shut the door behind me, leading me to his car.  


“I don’t really have anything planned, I hope you don’t mind,” he admitted as we entered the neatly kept park.
“Not at all! We can just talk, or whatever it is you want to do.”  
“Sounds good to me,” he agreed, motioning for me to follow him towards a swing set. 


“It’s so peaceful here,” I shared.
“I came here all the time when I was a kid.” 
“That must’ve been fun,” I smiled, wiping some dirt off of my jeans.
“It doesn’t compare to the time I’m having here with you.” Aww!
We sat in silence for a few more moments before he suggested, “Why don’t we go for a walk?”
“Lead the way!”


“I’m so happy I met you, Amani.”
“I’m happy I met you, too.”
“I just don’t know how to show how much you mean to me.”
“What you’re doing is fine. Taking me on these quaint, romantic dates, treating me like a queen, if you-!”


Out of nowhere, he kissed me. He simply leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I was caught off guard, but that certainly didn’t prevent me from kissing him back. 
“Amani,” he gasped as we broke apart. “Will you be my girlfriend?” He finally said the words I’ve been longing to hear!


“Oh, Concord! Yes!”

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, they're really cute together! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soooo cute! ^.^ and i love how he doesn't seem to mind her OCD at all, and just accepts her for who she is! can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tinker: I know, they're probably one of my favorite couples! :3
    Concord's a really good guy, he just wants to keep Amani happy!

    @GRC: You should definitely be suspicious of Brock... >:D

    ReplyDelete